Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Meeting of the French Estates General

Meeting of the Estates General 1789 May 5, 1789- Versailles I, King Louis XVI, have called this meeting to order. This is the first time each estate has met together since the year of our lord, 1614. The purpose of this meeting is to try to create a solution to our great nations growing financial problems. This is a problem we cannot avoid anymore. I wanted all of us to meet today, to discuss the financial deficit. One solution that may have to happen is the raising of taxes. This seems to be the only way of getting our great nation out of debt. I am in need of advice on all sides of the spectrum. What are your views of raising taxes? Who should pay these taxes? I felt bringing us all together may help solve something; do you think this was a good idea? Comment below IN CHARACTER. Be sure to answer every question I have asked! Curtly, King Louis XVI

No comments:

Post a Comment